Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Compliment

I had a doctor's appointment this morning and afterwards they asked if I wanted my flu shot. Thanks, Kaiser, and your "one stop" shopping!! As is my nature, I chat it up with the nurses. Heck, I figure, make friends with anyone holding the needle that's about to go into your arm!
Not sure how the conversation started, but we ending up talking about food and cooking (surprise!) and feeding a family on a budget. Somehow, I ended up telling her about our family tradition at dinner called "high-low", where we all go around the table and tell the best thing that happened to us that day and the worst thing that happened to us that day. She paused and looked at me and said, "What a wonderful idea. I am so glad I met you today!" I can't remember the last time anyone said that to me. I left the office smiling.
And, PS, the shot didn't hurt a bit!

1 comment: