Saturday, December 1, 2012

Our Tree

"The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree:  the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. " ~Burton Hillis
For the first time in eleven years, we got a real tree! To make it even more out of the ordinary, I saw a picture (darn you, Pinterest!) with RED lights and knew that is what I wanted for our tree this year. So, here it is. I truly love it, needles and all! I think it represents that part of Christmas that is the tradition we always do. It is the glue that binds a family. The other part, represents the change that is inevitable in all our lives. Try as we may, to keep everything the same, things change ~ kids grow, relationship ebb and flow, people come and go. Good or bad, this change is part of all of our lives. The trick is to be open and willing to go with these changes ~ mighty oak or bending willow? For me, a little of both!

No comments:

Post a Comment