Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cards

Of all the Christmas traditions, my favorite is making, sending & receiving cards. As those on my list know, every year I try and come up with something special. It was always a struggle to get my kids to cooperate with my hair-brained ideas, but I am proud to say, as they have become adults, they, too, are sendng wonderful photo cards! Makes my crafty heart proud!
Most years, I send 100+ cards. I do keep track of who I send them to and who I receive one from each year. It is not a score card, but I like to make sure, from year to year, who is on the list. Looking over these lists, year after year, there are many people I send to, that never end up on the "received" list. It bodes the question, "When and where do you make the cut?" If you never get a card from people, maybe they don't care if they get your card. They may even wonder, "Why are they sending us a card?" People come and go from our lives. Someone who played a big part, many years ago, may barely be a blip on the radar screen today. Do you keep them on the card list or do they get the cut? Would they care? I know there are people who NEVER send Christmas cards, but always comment on receiving mine. Keep or cut?
I suppose I should send cards merely because of the joy it gives me and nothing more. The journey, not the destination...
This blog does not end with a profound, enlightened sentence. I really don't know the answer to these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment