Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012

Things I learned (or re-learned) in 2012:
  • I still hate parades.
  • A dog is a great perscription for melancholy.
  • 58 feels (not looks!) a lot like 38.
  • Running, even a little, elevates my mood.
  • My husband cleans better than I do.
  • My grandkids are loud & messy, but if I don't see them for two days, I feel sad.
  • People push you away.
  • Health really is MOST important.
  • We can live with a lot less stuff.
  • My mood dictates my day.
  • A good night's sleep is precious.
  • Walking the dog is good for both of us.
  • People can surprise you ~ even your husband of many years.
  • Facebook can make you think other people have better, easier, richer lives ~ WRONG!
  • Expectations still get in my way.
  • Cooking for people makes me happy; watching them eat it, even more so.
  • Relationships evolve, change, end.
  • I love my home, even after all these years.
  • I am too old to drink cheap wine.
  • I am not rich and famous.
  • Treading lightly is hard for me.
  • Christmas is still worth all the work.
  • My husband loves the dog (when he thinks I am not looking!)
  • Menopause sucks.
  • Tiny Dancer is still the best song ever made.
  • A steak from your own BBQ beats one from a restaurant every time.
  • We are all struggling with something.
  • A caramel apple is the best dessert made.
  • I like wearing my glasses more & my contacts less.
  • Reading is better than watching TV.
  • My grandkids are beautiful and perfect.
  • I am not losing a son, I am gaining a daughter-in-law.
  • Laughing makes you feel better.
  • I still hate parades!

No comments:

Post a Comment