Friday, December 14, 2012

Eternity

I remember a few years back when my daughter exclaimed, "My gosh, Christmas is coming so fast!!!" I knew she was officially an adult, and, an adult with her own children! It seems that seven days a week, 24 hours in each day, moves at a different pace whether you are an adult or a child. We all recall the feeling that Christmas would never be here when we were small. Most of us can also recall, the overwhelming feeling that it was just around the corner...and we were clearly not ready.
This year, for me, I have felt very unpreapred by my definition. You see, I am that lady you hate, who brags in early Septemeber, that she is almost finished with all her Christmas shopping! Not so, this year!! I started late in this race and feel I have been running in the back of the pack ever since. It is not my style and I don't like it at all! I am making headway, however, and starting to feel like it is coming together...but it is Dec 14th, it better be coming together! I have even uttered those famous words that have tumbled out of many a mouth..."Next year will be different!" Don't smile and nod...I really mean it!!! Wait til I write a blog in February about buying my first Christmas present for 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment