Sunday, December 2, 2012

Cookie Lessons

I didn't want to write this in yesterday's blog, but I am going to attempt to post EVERY day in December. A friend told me last week how sad it made her that I had stopped blogging so much. She said she looked forward to it. She said it often gave her pause to think about things she might otherwise overlook.
I guess I don't think many people even read my blog and it really only matters to me.  The subjects are often small and unimportant in the scope of life. That brings up another reason I think I stopped blogging so much. I kept waiting for something BIG to blog about and my life has not had too many big things lately. I have changed my attitude and decided I am going to write about really small things.
Today it is Abigail and a batch of predone cookies to cook. Look at her intensity in this photo as she places each cookie in the pattern I showed her in the beginning. She did it perfectly and the look of satisfaction on her face when she was finished was a sight to see!
Cooking with kids takes twice as long, is three times as messy but it is tenfold as rewarding! So many skills are learned through cooking beyond just preparing food ~ counting, measuring, patterning and thinking through the process are just a few. As for me, I am just blessed to share the experience with them.
Bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Your blogging DOES matter. It's the simple, small things that we give to others that comes back around to us---- and I enjoy each and every post! Some goodness is coming your way just because you share yourself so openly!

    ReplyDelete