Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November

I have been putting this sign out front for more Novembers than I can count and each time it gives me a chuckle. I guess it reminds us that there are always two sides to any story. While we all love the thought of Thanksgiving and gathering together over a bountiful meal, from the turkey's point of view, it seems a lot less appealing! Hence his request to try ham!!
I am going to use this silly sign to remind myself this month to try and see other people's point of view. It is so easy to discount others in favor of taking a stand on what we believe is true or right or important. I am going to let go a little more and just let life happen. Too often I am steering so hard to make things go the way I want them to, that I lose sight of the fact that they usually turn out just fine anyway. Whether it is in a straight line or a meandering, curvy line, we still end up where we are supposed to be in this life.

1 comment: