Monday, November 7, 2011

Good Enough

Been busy and not blogging these last few days. My daughter and son-in-law took off for a much needed getaway and I have been watching the three beauties. I wish I had some really funny story about how crazy it has been, but the truth is, they are getting older and I run a tight ship. It was a pretty drama free four days. Now, there are three of them, so it was hectic, but no really ugly moments.
I ran across this sign this morning and it made me think about mothering my own children and all the times I felt I had failed miserably. We mothers are the best at beating ourselves up over what we said, what we failed to say, what we did or what we failed to do. We see our shortcomings as a technicolor movie and our successes as black and white snapshots. It is a stilted view to say the least. I guess that is why this little saying made an impression on me. Yes, we fail as mothers. Yes, we fall short many times over the decades it takes to grow our children into adults. Yes, we would often like a "do over". Truth be told, most of us have done a pretty decent job. While never quite achieving perfection, we have often hit a home run at "good".
And good, is good enough. We must never forget that fact!!
And it counts for grammies as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment