Saturday, September 18, 2010

Looking Ahead






Many studies have told us the value of a "be here now" way of living rather than pondering the past or worrying about the future. I am very guilty of being a person who is mostly looking ahead. I like to have something to look forward to, something on the calendar, some project I am working on that is not finished yet. Of course, as soon as that project or event is completed, it is replaced by something else!
Last night, Amber stopped by kind of late, out of the blue, with Jack and Maddy. Now, you may think I see them so often, almost every day, so what's the big deal? This is true, however, schedules this week caused me not to see my beautiful babies for two days. That is a rare occasion for me. At dinner, I had mentioned to my husband that I hadn't seen them in 2 days and here they were unexpectedly. They were as happy to see me as I was to see them.
Maddy lost her first tooth this week and was so proud to show off the hole in her mouth. Being close enough to share these "mini milestones" is a joy I can't explain. It is a subtle lesson in "be here now", because with kids, things change so rapidly, you've got to hang on for the ride. Being the grammie that I am, I fed them mini drum sticks laden with sugar and sent them on their way.


No comments:

Post a Comment