Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Holidays

"People are like holidays. Do others see you as Christmas , or more like Tax Day?"

Tomorrow is the first day of Autumn 2010 and, in my opinion, the beginning of the holiday season. I love the holidays. I love decorating, baking, gift giving. I love it all. The added layer of having grandchildren adds to every holiday. They delight in the decorations I put out for each occasion. Where we adults grow weary at the added work and expense, little people just see fun and excitement. The quote I started with gives me pause to consider my attitude and how people see me, not just at the holidays, but every day. My family would probably say I am more Tax Day than Christmas. I tend to be so busy getting things done, I often don't stop to just take it all in and enjoy it. Clients I have had in the past would probably say I am more Christmas than Tax Day. Same person ~ opposite perceptions of me. Both are accurate, no doubt. I guess the key is not to give away the very best of yourself during the day only to come home weary and empty and having nothing left to give to those that mean the most to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment