Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Are You Rusting?

While running yesterday, I was listening to my iPod and the Leon Russell song came on where he says, "It's better to burn out than to rust." It got me thinking about my life and how much I agree with him as a philosophy for living. I am best in high speed, energizer bunny mode. I don't like to be idle and rarely am; just ask my husband. He says I'm always doing something and usually it's three things at once! I am happiest when busy with a full calendar. I am not a good relaxer. It actually makes me twitchy and nervous if I am idle too long. If I was born into this current generation, would I have received a label ~ ADD, ADHD, or something else? Would this label have changed me and the course of my life? I prefer to look at it through Leon's words...I am living my life to be burned out and used up at the end rather than rusted from lack of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment