Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Confession

I am about to make a huge confession and perhaps an unpopular one. I have never liked Oprah! I can't stand the ridiculous power we grant to a TV personality. People let her tell them what they should like and what they should want. She has made a bazillion dollars leading people like sheep ~ and they have allowed her to do it! Why?! I have always refused to buy her magazine because, every month, year after year, she puts herself on every cover. Such ego!!! On the rare occasions I have caught a bit of her show, I find it amazing that she speaks with such clarity one minute and then, when it works, falls into a typical black woman speak. Instead of finding it insulting, people think it's so down home, cute and relatable. HA! She only relates to us the best she can as a woman with a huge bank account, multiple houses and the power and money to do as she pleases. Her generous give-aways are almost never given by her directly, but sponsors who foot the bill. She gets the praise while others pay. What a racket!
I say, find your heroes and people to admire in your own family, your own neighborhood, in your own life. They deserve our admiration, not Oprah!

No comments:

Post a Comment