Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What Do You See?

Found this in the book I am reading..."She was the most familiar person in the world to him and therefore had always been that much harder to see." This gave me pause to consider how we stop really seeing each other after a while. We rush about our day, our to do lists, our constant busyness and forget to see those around us. I am totally guilty of this myself. What is so familiar almost becomes invisible to us. No wonder people claim, "You just don't see me anymore!" The distance between two people, sitting right next to each other on the couch, can be miles. It doesn't happen overnight, but erodes slowly away. Can we ever turn back the clock and really see each other again? Do we want to? Will we like what we see? Will they? Harsh realities...

2 comments:

  1. That's why Matt and I are going out tonight. We don't "see" eachother enough lately!

    ReplyDelete