Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shopping

When I found this cartoon in the morning paper, I had to laugh. I have a great husband, but he doesn't often go to the market by himself. Every week, I plan the menus for each day and then make a market list based upon those meals. Sometimes he comes along with me to be, as he calls it, "the guy who pushes the cart". On the rare occasion that I send him alone, heaven only knows what he brings home! Not only does he have a hard time getting exactly what I wanted, it's the extra things he picks up along the way! I figure, when he shops, there is a 20% increase in the food budget!! It's like taking one of the grand kids with me. My daughter claims the same is true for her husband. Oh, he finds these awesome gourmet cheeses, but they cost a fortune! Perhaps it is another basic, fundamental difference between men and women. Food shopping is just another task we women have to do week in and week out; just get it done. Men, on the other hand, don't go to the market as often and see it as almost an adventure; what treasures can I uncover this time? I call them treasures, because what they find usually cost a fortune!
As much as I don't love grocery shopping, I think I better keep doing it. Besides, he's really good at doing dishes and that doesn't cost me anything.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA!! I LOVE this post! SOOOO TRUE!!!

    Mama A

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, of course, dad is really never allowed in Costco by himself!!! Very dangerous!

    ReplyDelete