Friday, June 11, 2010

Suffering

"Have patience and endure; this unhappiness will one day be beneficial."
As I sit with Abbey and watch the pain of her broken collar bone cause her to cry out, I cannot believe that this quote is true. The unhappiness we all feel for this tiny two year old angel and the pain she must be feeling, causes us to feel physical pain ourselves. What mother ( or grandmother) would not gladly take the place of a suffering child? How do you explain it will get better and not always feel like this?
Logically, I know that young bones mend quickly. Emotionally, I find myself fighting back tears most of the day lately. Often I lose the battle and they spill over. I am confronted with the how much energy it takes to fight back tears. It gives me a dull headache; small pain compared to Abbey's.
Get well soon, my precious little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment