Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Here They Grow

Lately, it seems that there are more and more signs that my "babies" are not babies any more. Sure, the easy changes to spot are no more diapers or toddler beds. What is nagging me more are the other, more subtle changes I am starting to see.
Last week, Maddy said to me, "Hey, Gram Girl! I need to tell you something." First of all, I have no idea where she got "Gram Girl". Then she proceeded to tell me a story complete with her opinions about it. Wow! I had a glimpse of her a few, short years down the road as she runs out the door to be with her friends. They run away from us for many more years than they run towards us. I need to remind myself that listening intently to a her stories, sitting at the table to color with her, or putting together the same puzzle for the umpteenth time, is a blessing and not a burden; a blessing that hopefully both of us remember for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment