Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ummm...Donuts!

The kids (with the help of mommy's wallet), bought me a Babycakes Donut maker for my birthday this week. I have already written about the Babycakes mini cupcake maker. It has been used more times than I can count! "Mini" anything is the trend these days. You see it at parties, weddings, etc. Bites or tastings are all the rage. It actually makes sense because it is fun and easy to try several things that only take a bite or two to eat. It's finger food at it's best.

How cute are these donuts? The machine makes six every five minutes. I found that after the first batch, I set the timer for four minutes instead. Like my cookies, I like to under cook them a little to keep them on the soft side.
For the first batch, we made simple white cake donuts and covered them in cinnamon and sugar. Here is my official "shaker upper" with the bag of donuts, cinnamon & sugar.
The kit even provides a small cooling rack. Check out how tasty they look once they are coated.
Maddy's official review was, "Grammie, these are SO GOOD! Can I have another?" The batch made 22 mini donuts and they were all eaten within three hours! Pa only got one!
Next up, I am going to made homemade glaze for glazed donuts and I am going to frost them in colors to match the theme of a party and serve them on a three-tiered tray.
Funny thing is, I love to make them and am not even tempted to eat them. Now, if it were salty and savory, that's another story!!

1 comment: