Friday, June 3, 2011

Jack E. Boy

The following story is true! The names have NOT been changed to protect the innocent!
Two days ago, my phone rings. When I answer it, this is what I hear: "Hi, Grammie. It's Jack. I know your number now and I called you all by myself. Mom's not here. Dad's not here. I am in charge of the kids. Did you know I can drive the car now??" Then he laughs and laughs. I asked him where his mom really was and he said in the bedroom. When he finally gave her the phone, I relayed the entire conversation. She said she hadn't heard the phone ring and I said it was because I did not call there. Jack called me! It was not her cell phone, but the house phone. He is almost five years old and has an imagination that rivals fiction writers! Lately, he has spinning these yarns that are complete fabrication...and yet, they could be so true. My brain is working overtime to figure out what is real and what is made up. Once again, my grandkids, wear me out, amaze me, and fill me with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment