Thursday, June 9, 2011

Today's List

Here are the good things that happened to me today:

1. I woke up. (not dead)
2. A stranger complimented my hair. (thanks, Nancy)
3. My Starbucks receipt had a survey on it that gave me a coffee. (FREE!)
4. Heard my all-time favorite song on the radio. (Tiny Dancer - Elton John)
5. Sold a small job for my husband. (it all adds up)
6. Scheduled to see a movie with a friend. (friendship makes life better)
7. Harvested 5 heads of lettuce from the garden. (a few seeds + a little water= big return)
8. Cooked dinner for the family. (it's been a while & I miss it)

The truth is, none of these things are important or big. It could probably be considered an ordinary day. The point of it is, these little things that are good can easily be overlooked waiting for something really good or BIG to happen. Pausing to take inventory of the good things in my day forces me to focus on just that, the good. And, surely, that can't be bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment