Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thin Pancakes

"No matter how thin you make pancakes, there are always two sides."
Many of you probably saw this photo and thought this blog post was about food! Actually, isn't at all. It's another way of saying that there's two sides to every story. It's about the fact that we all carry opinions about situations and things and sometimes, we cling to these opinions, even in the face of facts that prove us wrong. I am guilt of this many times. I am a person with strong opinions. I can be very judgmental, both silently and vocally. This is my strong suit and my downfall. I make huge allowances for some people and I don't give others an inch to make a mistake. These are not pretty things to admit, but they are honest.
We all have opinions (our side of the pancake) and they feel valid and true for us. We cling to them sometimes even when they no longer serve us well. If this is true, then we must also acknowledge that the other person is clinging to an opinion (their side of the same pancake). It feels no less true and valid for them. Finding a happy medium between the two sides, even if it means respecting each other while we agree to disagree, is a sign of maturity and growth as a human being.
Please pass the syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment