Friday, June 17, 2011

Ironing

I hate to iron, but I love the look of ironed clothes. So, that means I force myself to iron. I know this is something of an old school thing. My daughter does not iron. She "dryer irons". You know, toss the item you want to wear in the dryer for a few minutes to get out the wrinkles and then put it on. Her children have never seen her iron. I will never forget watching a TV program with Maddy and the woman was ironing and she asked, "Grammie, what's that lady doing??"
Women of my generation have spent countless hours ironing for their family; hours we will never get back. Did it make our kids look better? Did anyone notice? Was it worth it? Have many of us have given it up or do we continue to do it out of habit? I am going to give this some deep thought as I iron my jeans to wear tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment