Monday, June 20, 2011

Book It!

Books are a big part of my life. There are stacks and stacks of them all over the house. I have still not moved to one of the many book readers on the market today. Not sure why, but it may be the same reason I choose to read my newspaper, in old school print form, at my kitchen table rather than online. I probably read three to four books a month, and, even with passing a few on to other book loving friends, they still add up. I ran across this wonderful idea that combines two of my favorite things ~ books and parties!
Gather a group of your fellow reader friends and have each bring a "bag of books" to trade ~ paperback, hardcover, anything that needs a home. Starting with the owner, each person writes their name on a sticky note inside the cover once they've read the book. After a book has made the rounds, it goes to a good cause such as a library or shelter. Serve a few snacks and drinks and you've got a party with a purpose. What could be better??

No comments:

Post a Comment