Thursday, April 28, 2011

Prom

May is almost upon us and so is prom season. It made me stop and think back to my senior prom which was a mere 39 years ago! I dug up this photo of the cutest couple there. What do I remember about that night? Not much, actually, and not for reasons of indulging in alcohol. I think it was at the Pavilion on Balboa. Like most seniors in high school, we thought we were so grown up and had life all figured out. Funny, the older you get, the more you realize that we hardly ever have life figured out. We come to know that it is a journey full of ups and downs, sadness and triumph and a whole lot of ordinary time in between. It is this journey, not the destination, that makes us who we are. Yes, I was a blond with a daring teardrop cutout on her dress. My date agreed to wear a white tux to match me. Now, I ask you, who wouldn't marry a man willing to don a white tux to please his woman?? For all the things I didn't know back then, I did know he was the one for me!

P.S. Along with the guy, I also kept the corsage!

2 comments: