Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hardware

I have started to amass a few medals from the races I have been in in the last year. Much like my son's hockey medals from long ago, you ask yourself, what should we do with these? They were hard earned and carry memories, but, still, where do you put them? At some of the race expos, they sell metal hooks for displaying your medals. They are cool looking but have a very uncool price tag of $50 - $75 each!! As they say, necessity is the mother of invention so I decided to try and make one of my own using wood. I bought this rack with four pegs from Michael's (of course, with a 40% off coupon!) and the letters to spell RUN. I painted the rack black and then distressed it with some sandpaper. I glued the letters on top. That's where my creative side stopped and I turned it over to my contractor husband to hang it level. I must say, I am very pleased with the results ~ and even more pleased with the price tag. The whole thing cost me less than six dollars to make! That leaves me more money to sign up for my next race and get another medal!

No comments:

Post a Comment