Monday, April 4, 2011

95% Awesome

Looking back over the results of the boutique last Saturday, it was a fantastic day filled with mostly gracious vendors, perfect weather and tons of shoppers. Why, then, does the one nasty woman stick in my mind? Why do I keep hearing her unkind words and the tone in which she said them to me? Why do we all replay the negative tapes in our heads rather than the positive ones?? My daughter reminds me that we are not aware of other people's struggles and this lady clearly had some things going on in her life and used me to lash out. I tend to be very business-like and direct. There were 53 vendors at the show that needed it to be organized and smooth. I am good at organized and smooth. As Amber says, "It's not my mom's first rodeo!" Many of the vendors have been with me for all five shows and we have become friendly and look forward to seeing each other every time. They know me, my ways and what to expect. Some of the first-timers sent me emails or called to say they had never been in a boutique where the promoter did so much work ahead of time and offered tools to help the vendors. I want the vendors to be successful. I consider their success, my success, in a way. Anybody can say they are having a boutique, take people's money and sit back and hope for the best. I work hard and long to think of ways to promote the show and the individual vendors. Each and every time, we learn something to make the next one even better. I never want to stop trying new ways to promote the show and help it to grow. Positive thoughts create positive actions which create positive results! That is what I am going to remind myself, today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment