Thursday, March 31, 2011

Expanding World

If became painfully clear to me today that Maddy's world is expanding. She is in the second half of kindergarten and they are reading like my kids never did at that age. I am amazed and impressed! She is sounding out words, constantly asking what it spells, etc. Her world is quickly expanding. On the other hand, this new found knowledge is starting to limit her mother's and my world. Where we used to get by with spelling something we didn't want her to know, she now either figures it out or asks a lot of questions. If we say, "It's time for b-e-d.", she quickly says, "I'm not ready to go to bed!!" I have XM Radio in my car and have it set where it lists the artist and song that is currently being played. Today, while she was in the backseat, the song by AC/DC "Highway to Hell" came on. She asked me the title and I said "Highway". She immediately looked at the screen and read "Highway to Hell" Isn't hell a bad word, grammie?? Ahhh, busted!!! I had to laugh. It reminded me of the saying ~ I wish I were half as smart as my young child thought and half as dumb as my teenager thinks! She is six going on sixteen. I hope I can keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment