Friday, April 8, 2011

Crepe Paper Carrots

Remember this? We used to use crepe paper to decorate for every party we had back in the 70s. Well, it's still around and look what I did with it! You can turn this...
into this ~ crepe paper carrots for Easter! All you need is a roll of green and orange crepe paper. I bought way too much; just a small roll for 99 cents is plenty to make loads of carrots.

Here's the "how to":

Loosely wrap orange streamer to form a carrot shape, making it thicker at the top. You could even tuck in tiny gifts as you work. Press the end of the crepe paper down into the top. I used a dab of glue to secure it.

Fold green crepe paper and cut in jagged pieces to look like the top of the carrot. Bunch it up and secure it into the top of each carrot with another dab of glue.

You could even tie a small tag to each one and use them as place cards at your Easter table. People often ask me where I get my ideas. I read a lot and my brain works overtime thinking up things. Many people see things and think, "Oh, that's cute. I should try it." I actually do! It is satisfying to make something and then stand back and admire your handiwork. It makes me smile. Give it a try and let me know how it makes you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment