Monday, April 25, 2011

Writing Blogs

Somebody who will remain nameless (Kevin), told me over the weekend that my last blog was one of his all time favorites. In case you didn't read it, it was very short, probably only 5 or 6 sentences along with pictures of my grandkids. It gave out a few "life lessons" and was really quite simple. I, personally, thought it was awesome, but it got me wondering, what does and doesn't get a reaction from readers? When I write my blog, I mainly do it for myself. It is never very deep, just something that happens during the day that makes me think. I have always considered myself a frustrated writer. The thing about writing is that it is one dimensional until someone else reads it. I claim to write for myself, but I'd be lying to say it doesn't totally please me when someone comments about a blog. Maybe my silly musings speak to others as well as me. Now that sounds like the cherry on the cake of my day!! Even if I am only writing for myself, I will keep doing it. It makes me happy and it forces me to take the time to stop and look at things around me. In the looking, I often find examples of how truly blessed I am.

1 comment: