Sunday, May 2, 2010

What's Next?

Yesterday, I produced a wonderful Spring Boutique & Craft Show. Final numbers show that over 200 people walked through the doors to look, chat & shop with 36 vendors. Some came because they had a friend selling things, some because they saw the ads or the write up in the local paper. Although I have done the shows before, they were smaller and in my home, this was the first one that was at a public venue. I looked around at one point and saw all this activity, chatting, music and energy and thought, I created this! Wow! While I never promise the vendors a sale, I do promise that I will work hard to promote an organized event with the opportunity to show and sell their wares. At the end of the day, some were happier than others; some sold lots and some sold only a little. All agreed we had loads of traffic. My job, as promised, was done.
Most people would take time to rest and relax after months of build up and the long hours yesterday. Me, I just can't help but ask, "Now what? What's next?" Time to start thinking, planning & creating the next thing. Rather than sitting back on my laurels, I am itching to create something new. I don't say this with pride. It may not be a positive trait. It may actually be a character flaw ~ never satisfied, never resting, never being in the "now". Rather than enjoying the moment, I am racing to the next idea or event. Is it running to something or running away from something? I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment