Saturday, May 22, 2010

Shoes

I have loved shoes for as long as I can remember. I think it all began with this cute pair I found among my baby mementos. Who wouldn't love a lemon yellow pair of monogrammed shoes in size one?!?!
At different points in my life, I have owned between 150 and 200 pairs. It really was silly when I think about it because I still found myself wearing the same eight or ten pairs more than any of the other 140 pair. Decades ago, I favored four inch heels. Now I favor cute little flats and ballet slippers ~ still a fashion statement with consideration on comfort. I also now own five or six pairs of running shoes! HA! Who knew they would suddenly become important to me in my fifth decade?! At races, I find myself staring at women's running shoes to see what they are wearing.
I have been known to buy a pair of shoes that went with nothing in my closet and then went on to build an outfit around them. Ahh, it still makes me smile to think of it. I hope as I grow old, I can still wear some fashionable shoes instead of sensible ones. I have been sensible about most things in my life, but never my shoes!
"Funny that a pair of really nice shoes make us feel good in our heads ~ at the extreme opposite ends of our bodies."

1 comment: