Sunday, May 9, 2010

Gifts


Last week, I had a secret appointment with a photographer, SEEN BY LAM, to take pictures of the three grand kids for Amber's Mothers Day gift. For anyone who doesn't have little people, let me tell you, this is easier said than done. It is hard enough to get a good picture of one of them, let alone all three together. As an adult, you have this idea in your head of what you want to capture in a photo, however, the little people have an entirely different idea. It makes for a challenging and crazy photo shoot. After stealing away the clothes from Amber's house one day, taking the kids out on some lame excuse, changing their outfits and wiping their faces, swearing them to secrecy, I can honestly say, it was worth all the effort! Of course, I am prejudiced with the subjects in the photos, but, even still, these pictures take my breath away. They reflect childhood, simple joy and happiness. All else falls away when I look at their faces. Each one has their own distinct personality and I love that Lam was able to capture this.
Amber's delight in receiving these pictures made the gift all the better. It truly is better to give than receive. Her joy made my joy over the photos grow even more. We are all so very blessed!







1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite presents of all time....Totally PRICELESS!

    Mama A

    ReplyDelete