Wednesday, May 12, 2010

They Make Me Laugh

Probably one of the biggest compliments I can give you is that you make me laugh! I think people don't laugh enough. I read a quote somewhere that a preschooler laughs over 300 times per day and an adult less than that 15 times.
My grand kids are not only perfect and beautiful, bu they make me laugh every day! This morning, Jack demanded I get him some milk and I told him not to snap at me. He looked at me and said with all sincerity, "Grams, you know I can't snap yet. We've been practicing!" I stopped in my tracks and busted up laughing. He was totally right. We have been practicing how to snap our fingers. He took what I said to him literally and I found it so funny. These little ones know the meaning of life ~ laugh a lot, love even more and your days are all pretty good. While I am teaching him to snap, he can teach me these important life lessons. I think I have the better end of that deal!

4 comments:

  1. A little hockey story you might enjoy about being taken literally. My now 15 year old son was about 5 or 6 and was playing in one of his first games at Brea Hockey Club (ahh memories of that place...). Anyway, he railed some kid into the boards and got a penalty. Unbelievable because he was a very mild mannered kid and believe me it wasn't because he couldn't stop, he was a very finesse skater. So after the game we asked him why he did it. He said "the coach told me to backcheck so I checked him in the back." We laughed so hard we could barely explain what backcheck meant. I miss the cute things the kids say. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, love this story! Did you know Sean & Amber got married at Brea Hockey Club?? It is where they first met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes. It is a great story. I miss BHC so much. It was such a family rink. All my kids grew up there. We still have friends that are special to us that we met there.

    ReplyDelete