Monday, May 10, 2010

Same 24 Hours

Ever notice how some days seem to zip by smoothly and others drag on as if they will never end? Much of how we perceive the time is what we happen to be doing. Generally, fun days go faster than unfun days. Vacation weeks are always quicker than work weeks. It's simple perception, but it makes me think about how much our thoughts play in how our day or week turns out.
We all get the same 24 hours every day; that is the constant. What we decide to do with it is completely up to us. Most of us have obligations, work and a "to do" list a mile long. The approach we take to these things can definitely affect the outcome. This is an empowering thought. We do have control, not in everything that happens in life, but in our reaction to it. I have been known to be the most negative person around and I have been called "tulips and potpourri" because I try to see the good in situations and people. One reaction weighs you down, the other lifts you up. Who wants to be weighed down? What good does it do anyone? Going forward, I challenge myself to be the one who sees the good more often than not. I want to lift people up, not weigh them down. Who knows, I might get a lift myself in the process.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA! Love that! I will remind you to be my tulip!

    Mama A

    ReplyDelete