Monday, April 12, 2010

Large & In Charge

Sean is out of town for a week & Amber is laid up with a broken foot. This all means one thing...Grammie is in charge! Now, under normal circumstances, we are very involved grandparents anyway, but in light of the current situation, I have an even bigger role. After we had dinner and baths last night, I was the person responsible for getting everybody to bed. That is not really a difficult task; difficult is KEEPING them in bed. As every generation before them, my own kids included, they each try the stall tactics. I consider it a personal victory that it only took two tries to settle all three in for the night.
I get to (see previous blog) spend the night while Sean is away because Amber can't get up in the night with the broken foot to tend to them. Most of us don't sleep as well when we are not in our own bed. Couple that with trying to listen for any wakers and it makes for a tired grammie in the am. Jack got up at 3am. I hustled him back to bed and he was fine. Dear, sweet Abbey decided that 5:30am was a great time to start her day and had no intention of returning to her bed! The bonus for her early start was cuddle time on the couch with just the two of us under a warm blanket. By 6:30am the house was in full swing with "Dora" playing in the background.
None of this amounts to anything newsworthy, or "blog worthy", and yet it does. It is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. It is hectic, messy, loud and busy. It is also full of love, full of laughter, full of people for whom I would walk through fire. Don't be jealous!

2 comments:

  1. I just love your blog and come to see it a few times a week. Amber is so lucky to have you for a Mom!!! What a wonderful, loving, family you are!!

    ReplyDelete