Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bestest Cooker

As many of you may or may not know, I cook dinner at my daughter and son-in-law's house about five nights a week. Some people think I am crazy, while others have asked to be put on a waiting list to do the same for their family! Some nights, I feel like it's the last thing I want to do at the end of the day, but for the most part, I don't mind at all. There is something pretty special about having three generations gathered at the same table night after night.
Tonight we had sliders and mini tater tots, hardly gourmet. The little ones decided that these are actually "crabby patties" like on Sponge Bob. Once they were named that, they eat them like they are going out of style! In fact, tonight, Jack (age 3) looked at me and said, "Grammie, you are the bestest cooker ever!" I thanked him for the compliment and then he said that he will keep me in his heart forever!!! I am pretty sure, no matter what you had for dinner tonight, mine was better...crabby patties and tater tots with a huge side of love from a little one; and no calories to boot!!

1 comment: