Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving -- Thanks Living

With Turkey Day looming in a little over a week, I thought I'd write about the concept of being thankful. For me, I know I have an abundance of things to be thankful for...a husband who puts up with the "crazy me", a daughter who is also my best friend, a son who is, after a long absence, trying to be part of our family, grandchildren who make me smile every day, friends who love and care about me, a job with automatic deposit every Friday, a beautiful home with more things than we possibly need. The list goes on and on. So, why is it so hard to be thankful? Wishing for more... better...things to be different ...seems to take up more time than thoughts of thankfulness. It has been said that one cannot be asking and thanking at the same time. Prayers requesting things of God are five times greater than prayers thanking God!
I challenge all of us to find something to be thankful for today. Really stop and think of one thing, or three or five. When we take the time to create an"inventory of thankful", we feel much happier. WOW...that was easy! Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment