Saturday, November 21, 2009

Golden Moments

I am always reminding myself not to miss life's "Golden Moments". You may think a Golden Moment is something big, fancy, or expensive. No way! Golden moments are the small, little things that occur in a day that we often mistake for ordinary, mundane, and no big deal.
Here are a few of my latest Golden Moments: I walked in the house and Abbey (age not even 2) yells "Gammie" and runs to my arms. Jack and I were sitting on the couch watching a movie and when he sat down he inched as close to me as he could and put his head on me. Maddy told me she loved to bake things with me because I always her her lick the spoon. My husband and I were out for breakfast and just before we left I went to use the bathroom. When I came back he had ordered me an iced tea to go. He remembered I love to get an iced tea to go after we have breakfast.
See, I told you they were small and ordinary things. That is why they are so easy to miss. In our busy, fast paced world, we often run right past a Golden Moment without taking a second to acknowledge it and enjoy it. When we do that, we miss so much. We miss the very essence of what makes life precious.
Anybody can have a Golden Moment on an expensive vacation, out to a fancy dinner, etc. The challenge is to find the Golden Moments in the ordinary day. Suddenly, the ordinary is quite extraordinary.

1 comment: