Sunday, November 15, 2009

T.G.I.F.

You are probably wondering why I am writing TGIF on a Sunday night when everyone knows TGIF stands for Thank Goodness It's Friday. Well, I am changing it to This Grammie Is Fabulous!!!
I am new to texting and all the abbreviations that go with it. I am often confused. Someone wrote ROFLMAO (rolling on the floor laughing me a** off!) and I had to call my daughter and ask her what it meant. I think this might be the demise of correct spelling and grammar! Young people "get" what all these lettters mean, but not me. I have to think and think to figure it out. Sometimes, I don't! So, I wanted to prove a point, what you may think is so transparent and simple, may not be for others. Don't assume people know what you mean. They may not get it.
So, the next time you see TGIF, think of me and remember, This Grammie Is Fabulous!!! :)

1 comment: