Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Countdown Begins...

Well, the food baby in my belly from Thanksgiving has started to subside. That means it time to get serious about Christmas--my favorite time of year!
Most of the outside lights are up, the inside is decorated in just about every room and the tree went up today. I am planning on blogging a lot more because I have some fun ideas for Christmas that I would like to share. I will try and attach photos to go along with the ideas so you can get a visual as well.
First, though, I would like to say how much it annoys be that store clerks say, the ever politically correct, "Happy Holidays". I always reply, Merry Christmas". I don't understand what is wrong with saying it. I celebrate Christmas and I want to wish people happiness of the season. I would not be insulted if someone said "Happy Kwanzaa" to me if that is what they celebrated. They would just be sharing their holiday with me.
Last year, when I replied "Merry Christmas" to a store clerk they thanked me for saying it and said how much they would rather be saying "Merry Christmas" than "Happy Holidays" but they were afraid to offend. Can it really offend when it starts with "Merry"????
I challenge you to tell people "Merry Christmas" wherever you go in the next month. Spread your holiday cheer ...and politically correct be damned!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment