Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bad Grammie

OK, so Amber & Sean went to Las Vegas for a few days and I am staying with the three kids. I was somewhat apprehensive about it as I know they don't have great sleeping habits. As it turns out, sleeping through the night has been the easy part. It's the awake hours that have been tough!
I planned baking cookies, crafts, stories, glow sticks for the bathtub, a new ring toss game and more. Each of these things have brought a lot of giggles and fun...but it's only lasted a few minutes. In between these activities, I have turned into a shrill referee trying to keep them from clobbering each other. I like to run a tight ship. Where did I go wrong? I'm the cool, fun grammie, aren't I? I always have a trick up my sleeve to grab their attention. What I wish I had up my sleeve was a flask!!! Just kidding....uh, yah, just kidding...
I love my grandchildren more than anything and I hope they know that fact. I want them to think of me as fun and loving, not the "behavior police". I want to turn in my badge!! I even told Amber I'd do it again....when they are 12, 10 & 8!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment