Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Appreciation & Cooperation

Recently, I read a story where a woman said the two things she wanted to teach her children were appreciation & cooperation. If you think about it, those two traits can get you through life pretty well.
APPRECIATION: When you are appreciating things, it's hard to be complaining at the same time. It is so easy to see the dust on the table rather than the flowers in the vase on that same table. For me, ever the perfectionist, I am too often seeking the "perfect moment" rather than finding a slice of perfection in the messy movement of a regular day. I need to apprecaite more and complain less. Not only will I be happier, I bet those around me may breathe a sigh of relief as well!
COOPERATION: Being a "doer", I tend to plow ahead and just make it happen. I identify with the saying, "I'm not bossy. I just have better ideas." We all have something to contribute to this life. Others may just be waiting for their chance to be heard. I need to listen more and talk less. You know, two ears, one mouth....

1 comment: