Monday, March 10, 2014

Customer Service Lives!

 If you follow my blog, you know about my awful running accident last month. I am all better now, but one casualty that did not make it was my good running glasses. They were scratched and bent beyond further use. I was lamenting this one day to my son-in-law, who works in the hockey industry, and he told me I should contact the company and tell them my story. He said really good companies want you to wear their items and would probably want me to continue to wear them. "See what they will do for you", he said.
So, with very low expectations, I sent an email to Hobie who made my glasses. I briefly told them about the accident and if there was any chance they had a lense to replace my scratched one. I received a reply, via email, THAT VERY DAY, from the nicest lady named Andree. Turns out, she, too, is a runner and was very sympathetic to my story. She also seemed impressed that I had run so many races in the last five years. She asked me to send her a photo of my glasses. Not only did I send her a photo of the glasses, I also sent her the link to my blog about the accident, complete with photos of my injuries!
She loved reading the blog and even sent it on to a few of her running buddies to read as well. She said the color of my glasses had been discontinued, but she offered an alternative. I checked it out online and let her know they were fine, more than fine really. I loved them!
I returned my damaged glasses to the company per her request, and in a matter of days, she sent me another email saying my new glasses were being shipped out that day! Not just a new lense, but a new pair of glasses! Wow! In a day and age where we are constantly faced with examples of a lack of customer service and company pride, I am here to tell you, Eyeking and Andree are the definition of quality customer service!

Here are my new glasses that they sent me, free of charge! I am touched by her efficiency and kindness throughout the process. Along with a new pair of glasses, I feel like I have a new friend in New York! Bonus!! I would recommend this company to anyone who wants quality sunglasses. I am thankful that my son-in-law suggested that I contact them.
Thanks again, Andree! You made my week! I will be wearing the new glasses this weekend in the Leprechaun Leap 5K and the following weekend in the Hot Chocolate 15K in San Diego. I will think of you each time I put them on and smile.
Biggsuzi

No comments:

Post a Comment