Friday, December 27, 2013

Post Christmas

Another wonderful Christmas is in the books. It was filled with too much food, too many presents, too much family and friends (just kidding!!)
My adult children spoil me way too much with their gifts. Maybe it is a little payback from all the years of spoiling them. Too many things to list, and, frankly, I can't stand the posts on Facebook where people are showing photos of all their gifts, especially the ones with designer labels! Come on, people, we get it! You have a perfect life, with a perfect family, with loads of money and no stress. Oh, wait. That is exactly nobody's life!!! I remind myself regularly not to compare the everyday, play-by-play of my life with someone else's highlight reel they are posting on Facebook.
Here is one thing I will boast about, however. My son and daughter-in-law to be gave me the cutest darn personalized pillow I have ever seen. They found a lady who takes photos you send her, along with information about each person's interests, and she creates a drawing of each person and then turns the panel into a pillow. The photo doesn't do it justice! It has all nine of us, plus three dogs!! I am depicted as a skinny runner! I love it!! It truly is a treasure and if anybody lays their darn head on it, they are in BIG trouble!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment