Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ready to Mail

There are many of parts of Christmas that I love, but one of my favorite parts is always the cards. I have been making and creating silly photo cards long before they were popular. Back in the day, I had to actually print 100+ copies of a photo and make my own creations. Now, with the help of so many awesome websites and the internet, you can simply download your photo and have them do all the work.
Being a record keeper, I have years of information about how many cards we send and to whom and how many we receive. Usually, we send between 100 and 125, but each year we only get about 60 - 65. It always makes me wonder if I should whittle down the list and stop sending some people our card. Maybe they receive it and wonder, "Why is she still sending me a card?" I know some people never send cards to anyone, but when they see me, they always comment on how much they enjoy our card. Should they stay on the list? Life changes. People that were in your life regularly long ago, are now only a Facebook friend. Do they still want to be on the list? Should they be? I am not looking at this as a scorecard, just practical thinking.
For this year, they are ready to mail with only a few deletions and additions. So, if you get one and wonder why you did, just smile and be glad it's not another bill in your mailbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment