Sunday, August 25, 2013

Epilogue

Final Post #10 in the series...
I totally hate this photo. I even asked my friend to remove it from Facebook. She said she loved it because it reflected the whole adventure. Funny, it was so early on, we had no idea what we were in for, like lambs to the slaughter!
 Five days have passed since this all happened and I am still reflecting on "the day we will never speak of again!" What did I learn from it? It was the hardest day of my life. I would rather give birth again than climb that mountain! My husband is the main reason I made it out. He is the best person I know in a crisis. I trust him with my life and want him by my side when the going gets tough. He tells corny jokes. He annoys me beyond words, but I would place my life in his hands under any circumstances. In most relationships, there are times when your two lives seem to run parallel. On this day, on this mountain, our two lives intersected in a way that I will never forget. It has changed me and helped me see what is right in front of me. His love and support kept me going on that mountain and will keep me going through the rest of our life together. 



2 comments: