Friday, June 8, 2012

Dumpster Diving Dog

Since I rescued my Callie dog from the shelter last December, I have to admit that she has really not been much trouble. In fact, she has been a true source of joy for me. HOWEVER, there is a habit, newly developed that is just plain awful!!!
Usually, when we leave, she is confined to the office and causes no trouble. A few weeks, ago, Mark was home and working outside so she had run of the house. When he came in later, he couldn't find her any where. After searching, he heard a noise coming from the trash can in the laundry room. Now, mind you, this trash can measures four feet high with a flap lid. Somehow, this darn dog did a vertical leap high enough to make it inside the can. She smelled the tossed out food and decided it was worth the risk of the jump to partake in the leftovers. Bad dog!!!
A few weeks later, she did it again. This time, I had tossed out the old taco meat. As you can see from this photo, she continued to enjoy the flavorful meat covering all the hair around her mouth! Capturing this photo with her tongue licking away is priceless! Bad, bad dog!!!
She has shown less and less interest in her dog food lately. She figures it is only a matter of time until she can "dumpster dive" again and enjoy gourmet, human food. My husband says, "There are no stupid dogs, only stupid owners." I've got my eye on you, Callie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment