Wednesday, June 6, 2012

CDM Run

Last Saturday, I ran the Corona del Mar Scenic 5K. After running so many half marathons, I always feel like I need to apologize when I say I ran a 5K. Frankly, 3.1 miles is not difficult for me any more. Even when I am not running regularly, I feel pretty confident that I can get through 3 miles without too much worry. I seem to have slowed a bit in the last year, probably never going to achieve a new PR (personal record), but that it okay. I am just happy to be out there running. My mantra when I run is, "I am awesome, I am strong. I can do this. I GET to run on a ___________morning, injury free & healthy. Thank God. Thank you, Lord." I say this on every run I do, whether it is around the neighborhood or in a race. Sometimes, I even say it out loud. I wonder if anyone in a race has heard me?! No matter, I will continue to use this mantra every time. It somehow centers me and keeps me going. Running, like life, has its ups and downs. The trick is to never give up. Keep moving. Always be curious about what is around the next corner. Expect it to be something good!


No comments:

Post a Comment