Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'll Try

Whenever someone says to me, "I'll try to be there.", I most often mark them as a "no". Although some may say trying is a noble thing, I disagree. Like the sign says, DO or DO NOT. I know for myself, I make time for what I truly want to do. I make time for people I really want to be around. I get work finished that I want to accomplish. Trying is often an excuse word when we really mean no. No, I won't make time for your request. No, I won't make time to hang out with people I don't enjoy. No, I won't get to my goals set for today, this week, etc. Telling someone that we'll try is easier than telling them no. It is an avoidance mechanism that we have all used. It often helps us skirt the issue and put off the real answer ~ no.
Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Don't try ~ do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment