Friday, January 6, 2012

Experience Gift

My son and his girlfriend gave me an awesome Christmas present. It was a gift certificate to a place called "Pure Light" at The Spectrum. There, you make your own candles. You get to choose everything, from shape, to fragrance, to colors, to these incredible embellishments that they have. It can almost be overwhelming because there is so much from which to pick. I decided to take my crafty, partner in crime, JoEllen. Sitting there with her, laughing through the whole process, made it such a fun experience.
She may have enjoyed using the sharp tool to break up the blocks of wax a little too much!
Once you have picked your shape, you begin filling it with the color chunks of wax. Of course, I had to pick the heart because I love hearts! When complete, the store adds hot, melted white wax around the chunks. then, the cool part of adding the different embellishments happens. Deciding just where everything goes is the final step in your creation.
Here are the finished products. Mine is on the left. Along with the gift certificate, Tyler & EB gave me a few embellishments which I loved! One was a message in a bottle,which is proudly displayed near the top left. This is a double gift because I had the memorable experience of making the candle myself, just the way I wanted it to be and now, it will be on display in my house for all to see.
Thanks, guys ~ love it, love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment