Monday, January 9, 2012

AMSR

Thirty two years ago today, at 4:40am, I became a mother ~ the hardest job you'll ever love, as the saying goes. My daughter is a wonderful woman who juggles a very busy life filled with her own children, a husband who travels a lot, a job, many friends and more. She is like me in many ways and very unlike me in other ways. I would say we have a fiercely honest relationship with each other. Who else could say to me, "God, mother, you're not wearing that, are you?!?!" She calls me on my judgmental-ness and often asks me questions I don't want to answer. I, on the other hand, offer suggestions and ideas, sometimes pushing and prodding, that she may or may not want. She is my best friend and when we are at odds with each other, it makes me feel like something in my day is just not quite right. The level that we clash is less than the level that we love.
I quickly grabbed old pictures for this blog and, after looking at what I had, I realized that the men in her life are in some pictures ~ her first love (father), thorny love (brother), everlasting love (husband). They each have their arms around her, back when the picture was taken and today as well. Lucky girl!
May your day, your year, and your life be blessed, my daughter, as you have blessed mine.

1 comment: